Subscribe to my RSS Feeds

Motormouth From Ipoh

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Baker's Cottage Yummy Portuguese Egg Tarts


A short post this morning, as I'm supposed to be working my a$$ off in the office. But suffering from one swollen eye, (*_v) therefore some R&R is certainly long overdue, right? Hehe ....

I'm a sucker for anything with eggs. Yeah, refer my previous post on caramel custard. Baker's Cottage bakes one of the better Portuguese egg tarts in Ipoh, in my opinion. Others noteworthy challengers for the throne include Gold Vision, a stall in Old Town right opposite Kong Heng (which I'll get to it soon), and some random ones I can't remember this instant.

These babies are great when served fresh from the oven, and combined with a hot cup of milk tea. Yeah ...... Comfort food for the soul?

Location : Baker's Cottage @ Kinta City Shopping Centre, Ipoh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wei.. those portuguese tarts look nice.. how's the taste?? reli better than gold vision?? hehe... i used to buy frm gold vision.. ok, nxt time muz try it when go jj...

J2Kfm said...

taste marvellous, when hot and fresh though. Wouldn't say better than gold vision, but certainly comparable.

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! They're opened in Ipoh!

J2Kfm said...

jason : Yeah, for a few months now. at least, a breath of fresh air in bakery products ...