Subscribe to my RSS Feeds

Motormouth From Ipoh

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Durian Puffs, Kafe Happy Meal, Jln Tun H.S. Lee, KL


After hearing so much bout this outlet which sells yummy durian cream puffs, I decided to go buy some and try. No doubt non-durian lovers will be put off by such pungent smelling innocent looking tiny puffs. But the durian beast in me was unleashed, hehe, as hey! I managed to find this place!

"Let us out! Let us out!"

Located at a junction right beside Popular Book Store, the small Kafe (?) sells more than the puffs, as they also have lots other pies and pastries, but I did not manage to look into them, as my eyes were fixed to the DURIAN PUFFS RM2.40 signs pasted all in front of the stall. =P


"MUAHAHA .... looked intimidating, don't i?"

RM2.40 will get you 4 pieces of the precious puffs, a STEAL!! The Chinese guy who sold me the puffs (suspect he is the owner) said that if I am to jalan-jalan around, basking in the hot sun, the puffs won't last after an hour! Uh-oh. I bought 2 packets cz thought wanna let my durian fanatic dad try in Ipoh. Hmm, if put in fridge can tahan few days. Oh, ok gotcha! Then the puffs got ultimate VIP 5 Star treatment, sat on my lap in the car, and when we shopped at Pavilion, they (1 box left, as i ate 1 in the car ... haha) stayed inside my bag, just so they can get FREE air-cond.

Tastewise? ABSOLUTELY ..... YUMMY! very very creamy, and they use REAL durian flesh to make the cream. How do i know? Cz after biting into them, u can c the strands of durian fibre-like material sticking out! (Din take photo of it though, as I'm sure u can imagine the look of a half-bitten puff... UGLY!)

Saved one packet to be brought home, but once again, they received the same fate as the Tong Kee egg tarts, squished and all 4 pcs stuck together. Haha .. But nothing can stop dear dad from attacking anything that resembles or smells of durian! Finger-licking goodness, he claimed.



3 comments:

Kent Fo said...

i like their durian puff so much...this happy meal just opposite my tuisyen center i always have tea-time there!!!hehez

ck
http://kent1992.blogspot.com

J2Kfm said...

yeah, the durian puff really satisfy my cravings for durian. so fresh and creamy ...

Bare Minerals coupons said...

0 financing on new cars
Hankook Optimo H727
Nitto Terra Grappler
Fictitious Business Name California
Diesel Mechanic Schools
Shampoo for Oily hair
Coppola Keratin Treatment
Best mattress for back pain
Retirement gift ideas