Subscribe to my RSS Feeds

Motormouth From Ipoh

Friday, May 9, 2008

IKEA Food Court @ Mutiara Damansara, PJ

Children and adults alike, having fun pushing the trolleys
Hmm, awkward post for the day. Not sure many, if ANY at all, blogged about the food from IKEA food court. Yeah, other than selling furnitures and such, they provide good food, at reasonable prices for those who suffer the hunger pangs, while their other half/parents/friends are happily shopping away.

See what you will be eating, rather than have them cooked behind doors

The concept is simple. Push a trolley that's 3 tiers tall, queue up like everyone else, get some trays and cutleries, and let your itchy hands roam. By taking what you want from the display counters, I meant. :)

Swedish Meatballs with fries (RM8.90 for 10+2pcs)

Of course, most of the food are cooked, or rather, dished up on the spot, for instance their signature meatballs, fish and chips, roast chicken/fried chicken, spaghetti etc. Their meatballs, made from minced beef are the best, served with thick gravy from beef stock, and lingonberry jam, with thick cut fries. Sometimes they have soft fluffy bun @ 50 cents each, which is ideal for soaking up the delicious gravy. The fish and chips are not bad as well, and priced at RM8.90 (I think,hehe).

The famous Daim cake (RM4.90)

On most days, they have tea time offer, whereby you can have a slice of their famed Swedish Daim cake, with a cup of coffee/tea. Their beverages are free flow, soft drinks at Rm1.50, while coffee/tea at RM3. Their coffee is not run-of-the-mill 3-in-1 version, but very aromatic and quite strong. Yes, you can sip on the coffee/tea with unlimited refills, for as long as you please, comparing patrons with the largest assets. Oh, with that I mean the furnitures/household appliances they bought. Nothing more. =P

Open face Shrimp Sandwich (RM5.90)

They do serve a variety of cold cuts such as Gravlax which is cured raw salmon slices, various sandwiches, such as the shrimp sandwich above, which houses lots of fresh boiled shrimps, croissants, muffins, cakes, as well as fruit juices and mineral water.

Location :No.2 Jalan PJU 7/2, Mutiara Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia Tel: (603) 7726 7777fax: (603) 7726 6255
email: customer.service@ikeastore.com.my
Operating hoursSun - Thurs: 10am to 10pmFri, Sat and eve of public holidays: 10am to 11pm

14 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

I had been here, I had ate here but now make me wonder why i did not take any pictures! yours looks awesome!

古墓街第7号當鋪 said...

Swedish Meatballs with fries !
Omgz...i miss it so much!

backStreetGluttons said...

We have noticed this place is very popular with the Muslim crowd !

probably for the meat balls and Scandinavian class , tho at one time they were caught badly by the Halal issue

Elin Chia said...

I heard of their signature meatballs but the last time I went to Ikea it was sold out. So din get to taste it. Wa, the way you described it...hmmm a must try not just drool over ur picture (",)

I like people who enjoy eating... I detest ppl who say " I am on diet " imagine how much they would have mizz in life ~*

Kent Fo said...

i like their fish and chips and pastry!!! delixious!!

ck
http://kent1992.blogspot.com

Little Inbox said...

Yea, I remember their meatballs and sandwich cuz I went to thier food court "see see & look look", but was not dining there.

Sharon Y. said...

I have some pics but I didn't do any review :P We all had the same roast chicken and an Indian curry dish that are pretty good. I wanna try the meatball next time.. looks yummy

Sugar Bean said...

Used to visit this place for restaurant. We like their cake and desserts very much.

J2Kfm said...

big boys oven : haha, I've ate at IKEA countless times, but this was the 1st time I took pics, as previously this blog wasnt born yet. :)

jeromefo : Yeah! They really do take pride in their meatballs, and it really shows.

team bsg : Really? Not sure bout their issues, but the place is packed to the brim on most of the times I went there.

elinluv : haha, I never complained about too much eating though. do go and give their meatballs and other stuff a try. well worth the price paid.

kent : yes, the fish and chips is one of my fav too!

little inbox : oh I forgot to put the pics of their famed curry puffs as well. at RM1 per pc, it is quite big, and delicious.

durianberry : pls do the review soon! :) Indian curry? Hmm,thats new!

sugar bean : the Daim cake is a classic. at RM4.90 per pc, it is one of my order on most days.

Anonymous said...

Eh I tried the foot long sausage there .... but it was ages ago ... don't know if they still have them. Eh how come all your pictures look so tasty wan ar? Hehe =P

J2Kfm said...

jay : haha ... go grab a bite from your pc screen la! :)

HairyBerry said...

til this very moment, i have yet to try them swedish meatballs...how sad!

and they serve gravlax? wah, i am really outdated...sigh

J2Kfm said...

try them! but on somedays, they were not available though. go on weekends to be sure.
their grilled salmon was equally good as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ekydiruhaz.jamminweb.com/xyjupon.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money